Search Teacher Traveler

Thursday, June 16, 2016

I Love Running in the City - Paris, France

5:00am to 8:00am is my favorite time of the day. Everything is just waking up, cafes are starting to put out chairs, and you can see pastry chefs dolloping meringue into tiny tart shells.

This morning I ran from my Airbnb flat in the 11th to Notre Dame in the 3rd. It was perfect. I thought the weather might feel a bit chilly since it was 13 C when I woke up at 5:30, but it was excellent for running. I started at 6:00am. One of the best things about running on vacation is that you have no time restrictions. I could wander around Notre Dame's exterior taking as many photos as I want because I don't have to be at work at ___ or on a bus at ___ to go to work. That freedom makes it so fantastic.

My run itself was just freeing. I'm out without an abaya. I'm out wearing tight athletic-cut clothes. I'm racing through empty, beautiful city streets because I want to, not because I have to. I love that energy and choice. While I run I listen to pop music since it has a good tempo. Lots of Adriana Grande, Taylor Swift, and J.Lo. I was a bit faster on the first run than the second, obviously, and I walked more the second. Running to Notre Dame, navigating (which was really simple on my app that tracks my run) new streets, and being up and moving before the city was just great. Maybe I've still got the rush of adrenaline pumping through my mind, but "great" is the best for for this morning.

I feel happier and I really, really like the feeling of accomplishment that I get after a run. I think that's my biggest reason for running at such an early hour. Also the reason I'm focusing on distance instead of speed (time). I like getting something done, checking it off, I always have liked that moment of accomplishment. I can get that every morning with a run.

Tomorrow the plan is to walk down to the Seine and run along through some major monument sites. Here are some photos and video from today. Go run!























video

video 





I need breakfast now. Au revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment