Search Teacher Traveler

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Darwin and Kakadu National Park, AUSTRALIA

Ah! More coming soon! This is a place-marker post.

Here is the video of my Northern Territory adventures. Mostly on the tour.

This is a cute video of a kid jumping in the ocean at sunset. It's cute. Enjoy.

I missed Australia and was soooo happy to be back, especially following my slump in Bali.

Kakadu National Park is gorgeous, go see it. I took a group tour with Jump Tours since it was the best way to see a lot of Kakadu in a few days.

Darwin is a blimp of a city - great for party-hardy folks. The museum is worth it. The botanic gardens are pretty. The whole location just feels so isolated, it's a unique feeling to be so distant from another major city.

I had one day in Darwin after the tour before heading to my next destination. A new friend from the Kakadu tour (Vera) and her hostel roomie (Sam) joined me to wander around Darwin all day. We walked a historic sites tour route on our own, took a noon nap at the Darwin Waterfront, walked through the Botantic Gardens, visited The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory Museum, and ended at the Mindil Beach Sunset Market. 

Oh and I need to write about flying away from the sunset, that was a cool view. Sadly my camera didn't see it like I did. (Flight from Bali to Darwin)

I posted some photos below! (The watermarked ones were taken by our tour guide/amateur professional photographer with his professional equipment. Perks of having a photo-loving guide!)

 
Ubirr Art Site

  

On the climb down, overlooking Maguk

Gunlom Falls 

Gunlom Falls

 
Gunlom Falls

Gunlom Falls

Maguk

Gunlom Falls

Driving in Kakadu

Upper pool at Gunlom Falls

Nourlangie (I think)

Upper pool, Maguk

Upper pool further up-river, Maguk

Mindil Beach with Vera and Sam

Mindil Beach

Corroboree Billabong

Darwin Waterfront

Florence Falls

Florence Falls

George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens

Happy teaching and traveling!
- Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment