Search Teacher Traveler

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Istanbul, Turkey

Hi all,

So I've been wanting to visit Istanbul since I first flew through the airport on my way to Germany in 2012 (?). Actually, probably since learning about the Byzantines and Ottomans in school, but the sunset I saw at Ataturk Airport that first time got me hooked.

I flew into Istanbul and met my friend (funny story about how we met) and we went off to find our hotel and see the sights.

We spent a week in Istanbul so I have lots of stories and photos to post, which I will do soon, including...

- Sultanahmet has everything
- the best view of the city for dinner
- Hotwire is worth the "unknown" factor
- this is a walking city so I'm glad I wore sneakers
- exploring the other parts of the city
- day trip to Bursa
- ferry to Princes' Islands
- Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar
- finding the Hippodrome and meeting some locals
- public transportation wins

No comments:

Post a Comment