Search Teacher Traveler

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Moving to a Different Country: The Final Countdown

I have only a few days left in the USA and things are finally wrapping up. Today I bought my shiny new MacBook Pro and am loving it. I'm all packed for my flights, although yesterday I weighed my bags and they were WAY overweight. I'm allowed 1 checked bag (50 lbs, 23 kgs), 1 carry-on, & an accessory piece (combined weight of 26 lbs, 12 kgs). I had 1 checked bag weighing 75 lbs, 34 kgs and the carry-on weighing 32 lbs, 14 kgs. So I did some rearranging. It will cost $150 in extra baggage and extra weight, but I now have 2 checked bags, 1 carry-on, and my oversized shoulder purse. Pictures will come later. I'm just glad it all worked out, even if it costs a bit.

It still doesn't feel real. In less than a week I'll be on the other side of the world! Until then I'll enjoy the American bacon and get as much done for my teaching career from this side as possible. I'm currently finishing up my class website.

Next post from the airport!

Happy teaching and traveling,
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Christina -->don't worry about the things, cause every little thing gonna be all right ( Bob Marley - Three Little Birds) Happy traveling. / no te preocupes, por que todas las pequeñas cosas van a salir bien (Bob Marley - Three Little Birds).
    Jesus Alberto.

    ReplyDelete